At Muir Lake School, “Every child learns, every child succeeds” is the cornerstone of our philosophy of education. As part of Parkland School Division, we assure supportive learning environments, meaningful experiences and healthy relationships that create opportunities to develop resilience, to gain diversity in perspectives and to achieve enduring success.
Muir Lake students will influence the future of their community. Thanks to the strong educational foundation they are receiving, they will be prepared for the challenges they will face in the future.
Unique Features of Our School
- Active, involved School Council
- Muir Lake Community School Foundation
- Strong parent involvement in many different settings
- Technology emphasis
- Focused academic learning environment
- Diverse complementary course program in Grades 6-9
- 200 meter rubberized running track
- Top notch playground
- Middle years sports teams in volleyball, basketball and badminton
- Playground and Grounds Development plan for the future (responsive to community needs)
- Support staff involved in whole school projects
- Music program K-6
- Home to Parkland School Division's Nature-Based Kindergarten program
How We Define Success For Our Students
We define success in more than a single way. Success to us is when we see both student progress and academic excellence in our testing scores. We also see success when we see students strive to be the best they can be as individuals, whether this is in academics, leadership situations or on teams (Parent Council and Staff).
What We Are Most Proud Of
We are most proud of our students who go out of their way to be good citizens and ambassadors for our school. We are also proud of the responsive learning community we create and support, as parents and staff.
What Makes Our School "Great" and How We Know
Our school is “great” and we know because of all the positive comments parents, students and community members make on an everyday basis. Results in the satisfaction survey reinforce these observations. Scoring above provincial norms on Provincial Achievement Tests is contributing evidence that our students are achieving academic excellence.